In CrossFit, we believe in training for life, which means we prepare for the unknown and the unknowable. We do this by training to optimize proficiency across ten recognized fitness domains to include the following:
- Balance – The ability to control the placement of the body’s center of gravity in relation to its support base.
- Flexibility – The ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint.
- Strength – The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force.
- Stamina – The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
- Power – The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
- Speed – The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
- Agility – The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
- Coordination – The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
- Accuracy – The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.